It’s a device i’ve been procrastinating on getting installed in my car because i knew just how much of a bitch it was going to be, and that was confirmed this morning when i finally got it installed.
First of all, it’s a result of my DUI and it’s a device that you have to blow into in order to make sure there’s no alcohol in your system before being allowed to turn on. If it was that simple i wouldn’t be so annoyed, but it’s not.
- It takes 1 minute to warm up before i can do anything so i’m just sitting there not even able to listen to the radio.
- If you blow too hard you gotta start over.
- If you blow too soft you gotta start over.
- If you don’t inhale RIGHT after it beeps you gotta start over.
- If it just feels like it and wants to act like an asshole for no reason you gotta start over.
- You gotta blow into it again every 5-15 minutes.
- Can’t eat or drink 15 minutes before using it
And those things aren’t even the worst part. I not only had to pay $45 to get in installed in my car, but i have to pay $75 every month until i don’t need it anymore. $75!! I’m paying $75 for an inconvenience!!
God forbid anything should happen to it though ‘cause then i’d have to pay $200 for it. And if i fail the breath test (which can happen for absolute no reason apparently), it gets recorded. When i go back to the auto place for a checkup (every month), they download everything it’s recorded and sends it to the DMV so if i have tons of violations then i’ll have it for even longer.
This irritates me so much that i’d rather take the bus but there’re too many mexicans and homeless people on them i’d rather not and it always smells and they never place the music i like so i suppose this is a small price to play for avoiding public transportation.